Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nerdy Project #2: Online Rules

So while I am on the subject of nerdy projects, I came up with a new one.  I was playing a match recently and a rather complicated situation came up where the rule was necessary.  We agreed to go to the rulebook after a spirited discussion, and by spirited discussion I mean there were some rather choice comments about the parentage of various players involved.


At that moment I realized what a pain in the ass it was to have to carry around that big, fat book.  Add to that the sheer expense in ink and paper to reprint the thing every time the rules change.  I thought that life would be easier if there was a version posted online that was low on graphics and quick to load on say, a cellphone or tablet.  Then I thought that if it was such a cool idea that maybe I ought to to do it myself, and so I did.  At least I am in the process.

You can check out my progress at...

http://mtgrulesresource.blogspot.com/

You can watch the system evolve and add your comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment